The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the energy technology company American Superconductor (AMSC). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/02 the stock gained 48.25%.
American Superconductor Corporation is a leading energy technologies company. The company develops and sells a wide range of products and solutions based on power electronic systems and high temperature superconductor wires that dramatically improve the efficiency, reliability and quality of electricity during its generation, transmission, distribution and use. The company is a dominant force in alternative energy, offering grid interconnection solutions as well as licensed wind energy designs and electrical systems. As the world's principal supplier of HTS wire, AMSC is enabling a new generation of compact, high-power electrical products, including power cables, grid-level surge protectors, motors, generators, and advanced transportation and defense systems. AMSC also provides utility and industrial customers worldwide with voltage regulation systems that dramatically enhance power grid capacity, reliability and security, as well as industrial productivity.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 193.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 252.77% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50, and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 31.08% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.40%
- Technical support level at 11.26
- Recently traded at 11.64 with a 50 day moving average of 8.34
- Market Cap $248 million
- Revenue expected to grow 26.30% this year and anotgher 28.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to compound at an annual rate of 25.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy , 2 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 609 to 96 that the stock will beat the market
- 6,270 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha