The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the mining stock NovaGold (NG). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stock with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/3 the stock gained 68.82%.
NovaGold Resources is a gold and copper company engaged in the exploration and development of mineral properties in Alaska and Western Canada. The Company is rapidly moving to production at its hundred percent owned Nome Operations in Alaska, which includes Rock Creek, Big Hurrah and Nome Gold. NovaGold recently announced its partnership with Teck Cominco to build the Galore Creek copper-gold mine in northwestern British Columbia, with NovaGold and Teck Cominco each owning 50% of the project once Teck Cominco has completed its partnership requirements.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 113.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 62.59% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 14.85% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.10%
- Technical support level at 6.85
- Recently traded at 7.05 with a 50 day moving average of 5.66
- Market Cap $2.26 billion
- Wall Street analysts have 2 strong buy recommendations in place on the stock
- 14,393 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am/we are long NG.