The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electronics component company SMTX Corp (SMTX). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New 52 Week Highlist first by the most frequent number of new highs than I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/14 the stock gained 23.29%.
SMTC Corp. is a leading provider of advanced electronics manufacturing services to electronics industry original equipment manufacturers worldwide. The company services its customers through manufacturing and technology centers strategically located in key technology corridors in the United States, Canada, Europe and a cost-effective region of Mexico. The company's full range of value- added services include product design, procurement, prototyping, assembly, final system build, comprehensive supply chain management, global distribution and after-sales support.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 148.05+ Weighted Alpha
- 137.56% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 35.28% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.82%
- Technical support level at 4.70
- Recently traded at 4.86 with a 50 day moving average of 3.69
- Market Cap $114 million
- Earnings estimated to compound at an annual rate of 25.00% for the next 5 years
- A Wall Street analysts issued a strong buy recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 61 to 2 that the stock will beat the market
- 805 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.