The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the medical diagnostic company Veracyte (VCYT). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort it's New All Time High list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/7 the stock gained 36.45%.
Veracyte, Inc. is a diagnostics company. It is focused on discovering, developing and commercializing molecular cytology solutions. The Company provides Afirma Thyroid FNA Analysis, which helps physicians in reducing unnecessary diagnostic surgeries for patients with thyroid nodules. Veracyte is also developing Afirma Malignant GEC test. It serves endocrinologists, radiologists, and head and neck specialists. Veracyte, Inc. is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 171.59+ Weighted Alpha
- 241.84% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 749% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.67%
- Technical support level at 19.26
- Recently traded at 19.69 with a 50 day moving average of 15.86
- Market Cap $798 million
- Revenue expected to grow 25.90% this year and another 20.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 23.10% this year and an additional 24.30% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strony buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 10 to 5 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,410 investors are following the stock on Motley Fool