Sara Creek Gold Corp. is a junior mining exploration and development company headquartered in Nevada, USA. The Company has signed an agreement to purchase a 50% interest in two contiguous exploration concessions totaling 569.2 square kilometers from Orion Resources N.V. in the small, stable South American nation of Suriname. Together the concessions are known as the Sara Creek Project. Sara Creek Gold also has an exclusive option to purchase the remaining 50% interest in the Project from Kalpelka Exploration Inc. The completed purchases would give the Company 100% ownership of one of the largest property positions in Suriname, which lies almost entirely within the Guiana Shield. The Shield’s Precambrian greenstone belts are similar to those of the gold-rich Canadian and West African Shields – but under-explored using modern methods
Dennis J. LaPoint, Ph.D., Formerly Head Exploration geologist for Cambior, of the Rosebel mine shown above in an aerial view, calls the Sara Creek Project “one of the best opportunities for new mine development in Suriname.”
Now Sara Creek Gold’s Head of Exploration, Lapoint located and defined new gold deposits at Rosebel mine. (total reserves, resources and mined material of more than 8 million ounces of gold) to the northeast of Sara Creek. Dr. LaPoint is also credited with defining the Nassau discovery (pre-feasibility estimate: 4.3 million ounces of gold) that borders Sara Creek to the east and north.
- Sara Creek Gold has signed a purchase agreement for a 50% interest in two contiguous exploration concessions totaling 569.2 square kilometers from Orion Resources N.V., and has an exclusive option to purchase the remaining 50% interest from Kalpelka Exploration Inc. The completed purchases would give the Company 100% ownership of the project.
- Interpretation of airborne magnetic survey and structural data suggests north-south contact between mafic rocks and granite is a major structural zone extending more than 32 kilometers on the concessions and beyond onto adjacent concessions.
- Northwest to southeast gold-showing trend through the property up to IAMGOLD’s Rosebel mine (8 million plus ounces of gold)
- Newmont’s Nassau discovery (4.3 million ounces of gold) on the same trend to the northeast
- South of Sara Creek, on same north-south trend of greenstone, IAMGOLD announced positive drill results in June 2008. The host units and structural setting are identical to the Sara Creek concessions.
- Members of Sara Creek’s exploration team played key roles in both Nassau and Rosebel discoveries
- Gold mine and smelting facility across lake
- 3 appearances of a visible gold-bearing quartz out-crop along a 8 km mile stretch following Sara Creek
Sara Creek Gold Enters Into Option Agreement – 10/13/2009
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SCGC.OB all current news
For insight log on to www.saracreekgold.com
This press release contains statements, which may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the
Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended by the Private Securities Litigation Reform
Act of 1995. Prospective investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future
performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those contemplated
by such forward-looking statements. Important factors currently known to management that could cause actual results to
differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include fluctuation of operating results, the ability to compete
successfully, and the ability to complete before-mentioned transactions. The Company undertakes no obligation to update
or revise forward-looking statements to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events, or changes to
future operating results. The disclaimer is to be read and fully understood before using our site, or joining our email list. Never
invest in any stock featured on our site or emails unless you can afford to lose your entireinvestment. PLEASE NOTE WELL: First Financial News employees are not registered as an Investment Advisor in any jurisdiction whatsoever. Release of Liability: Through use of this website viewing or using you agree to hold First Financial News, its operators owners and employees harmless and to completely release them from any and all liability due to any and all loss (monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise), or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may incur. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data. They may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and may increase or decrease such positions without notice. First Financial News has been compensated 15,000 shares for one month of coverage from a third party. Any opinions expressed are subject to change without notice. First Financial News encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled, or is available from public sources and First Financial News makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies. Neither First Financial News, nor any of its affiliates are not registered investment advisors or broker-dealers.