For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – March 15, 2010 – Today, Zacks.com Small-Cap Institutional Research (SCIR) features the following small-cap winners, including: Angeion Corp (ANGN), Redpoint Bio (RPBC), Spherix, Inc. (SPEX), Commtouch Software (CTCH) and Tower Semiconductor (TSEM)
Zacks Small-Cap Winners
Zacks Investment Research analysts have been actively searching through the Zacks database for small and micro-cap stocks to fit into a new product that the company is offering called Small-Cap Institutional Research.
Analysts are specifically looking for stocks that are under-valued or under-followed by the market. Zacks has initiated coverage on several of these names over the past few months, and many analysts have had significant success in picking winners.
Some recent initiations include:
• Angeion Corp (Nasdaq: ANGN), initiated by Senior Medical Device Analyst, Brian Marckx, CFA. Angeion Corp. shares are up 18% since Mr. Marckx initiated on March 9, 2010.
• Redpoint Bio (Nasdaq: RPBC), initiated by Senior Biotechnology Analyst, Jason Napodano, CFA. Redpoint Bio shares are up 36% since Mr. Napodano initiated on March 2, 2010.
• Spherix, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPEX), initiated by Senior Biotechnology Analyst, Jason Napodano, CFA. Spherix shares are up 62% since Mr. Napodano initiated on February 9, 2010.
• Commtouch Software (Nasdaq: CTCH), initiated by Senior Technology Analyst, Ken Nagy, CFA. Commtouch shares are up 46% since Mr. Nagy initiated on September 13, 2009.
• Tower Semiconductor (Nasdaq: TSEM), initiated by Senior Technology Analyst, Ken Nagy, CFA. Tower Semiconductor shares are up 63% since Mr. Nagy initiated on January 31, 2010.
For a copy of these research reports, please follow the links below or contact your Zacks Institutional Sales representative.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978 by Len Zacks. The company continually processes stock reports issued by 3,000 analysts from 150 brokerage firms. It monitors more than 200,000 earnings estimates, looking for changes.
Then when changes are discovered, they’re applied to help assign more than 4,400 stocks into five Zacks Rank categories: #1 Strong Buy, #2 Buy, #3 Hold, #4 Sell, and #5 Strong Sell. This proprietary stock picking system; the Zacks Rank, continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin.
To discover all Zacks has to offer investors like yourself, then go to our home page at www.zacks.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
Contact: Giles Haycock
Zacks Institutional Sales Director