Futures trading is a risky business. The untrained, unwary, unknowledgeable, undisciplined or sometimes plain unlucky can lose a fortune — and in an agonizingly short time. In fact, the SEC requires futures trading websites to post a disclaimer concerning the potential risks involved in trading commodity futures. You’ll find a full disclosure statement on my Futures Trading Secrets website.
So here’s the question: If futures trading is so risky, why do I and so many others choose to take that risk? The answer is simple: Money. Trading commodity futures may be risky, but there is potential for enormous profit. Some of the world’s greatest fortunes have been built around commodities:
- Banking patriarch Mayer Rothschild amassed a fortune during the Napoleonic Wars by hoarding and distributing gold bullion to fund the British.
- John D. Rockefeller, Sr., in his day, the richest man in America, built his impressive fortune on oil, forever changing the global oil industry through creation of the Standard Oil Company.
- Self-made steel magnate Andrew Carnegie consolidated the American steel industry, founding the company that would eventually became behemoth U.S. Steel and in the process accumulating a fortune second only to Rockefeller’s.
- Abdel-Aziz Al-Saud, the first king of Saudi Arabia, created a nation and amassed unbelievable personal wealth through consolidation and control of crude oil and natural gas.
- Lakshmi Mittal, the Indian steel magnate, used his knowledge of the steel industry to become the fourth wealthiest person in the world in 2004.
- In 2005, legendary oil man T. Boone Pickens made a cool $1.4 billion betting on the price of oil and natural gas.
Most of us who trade commodity futures will never reach the storied peaks of the world’s legendary commodity kings, but there are plenty of commodity traders who have made a very nice pile through steady trading. There is plenty of “gold” to be found trading futures on the commodity markets. All you need to do to build your own fortune is to consistently make more than you lose.
With the right system, the right signals, the right tools, the right attitude and some patience and persistence, you can “win” as a futures trader. I’ve already done it and I can show you how. If you want to learn the skills you need to succeed as a futures trader, click the link for complete information on my Futures Secrets Trading System. Read testimonials from satisfied clients, now successful futures traders themselves. Click here for details on Futures Trading Secrets.